I ordered all my solar stuff the week before setting the pump so there wasn’t much of a break in between back filling lines and getting right back to work. Solar energy is super cool but pretty darn ugly in my opinion. The well is close to a potential home site and honestly, I didn’t want to look at solar panels if I didn’t have to.
Thank you for visiting, don't forget to subscribe!
I found a nice natural clearing about 150 feet from the well and pushed a road to it then dug a shallow trench for electrical conduit. Followed up by a 7′ hole with the backhoe to set the pole in.
I had become pretty good friends with my well driller by this time and asked him to order me a 20′ section of 6″ steel well casing for upright. Way stouter than the thin wall tubing that Zomeworks spec’d out. Again, I never want to do any of this stuff twice. Moving it around was a chore but with a little creativity, we handled it.
I was still waiting on the Zomeworks tracker and solar panels to show up so it was time for a celebratory beer.
Once the solar goodies showed up I offered cold beer in exchange for help. As usual, my pals didn’t disappoint.
One of my buddies is a great metal fabricator so I asked him to build a box for the pump controller. Vented, reflective and secure.
I’m really impressed with the Grundfos products and support. Dummy proof design (great for a guy like me) and easy installation. We wired it with plug ends to easily cut power from panels or to plug into a generator.
The well site, back filled and wired.
This is what we ended up with for fire lines.
That wraps up the water system and our first year of owning the property. It’s been plugging away ever since. Very satisfying to put that much planning and work into something and have it turn out as well as it did. At the time, I figured that would be the toughest job we did up here. Turns out, it was just the beginning.